Check us out on Atlanta Business Radio!
Launch Press Release
Romp + Tumble Launches A New Subscription Service For Baby Clothes Rentals
More than a sharing and exchanging platform, the company is on a mission to create sustainable change for working mothers
Atlanta, GA - October 6, 2020
Romp + Tumble, a new subscription service out of Atlanta, Georgia is changing how we dress our babies and toddlers. The service curates and rents bundles of eco-friendly baby clothes for every stage of growth. Each bundle includes 22 pieces of dailywear, new and “like-new” sourced primarily from women-led brands.
Romp + Tumble launched in mid-September with the goal of reducing the amount of time parents, particularly working mothers, spend on outfitting their growing babies. The service accelerated its launch to September when it became clear that the pandemic was still going to pose significant burdens on families though the end of 2020. According to the “Caregivers Survey” conducted by BCG in the spring, working parents in the United States are spending almost double the amount of time on household and childcare related tasks during the pandemic, with working moms taking on more of the burden. “Parent’s enjoy seeing their babies in cute clothes,” noted Tara Ghei, founder of Romp + Tumble. “However babies grow so fast that parents, particularly moms, invest a lot of time shopping, organizing and storing clothes. Then there’s the added challenge of how to get the clothes out of your home, sustainably. New consumption models like ours that maintain joy but also help parents create more time and space in their lives are important, especially now.”
The company is looking to reframe how parents think about these kinds of purchases. According to the Council for Textile Recycling, only 15% of post-consumer textile waste is recycled, leaving 85% in landfills. As baby clothes are temporary in nature, a sharing model like Romp + Tumble’s extends the wear and makes it easy for parents to reuse clothing. Three subscription levels are offered, starting at $69.99 per month or less than $3.20 per item. Gift cards are also available as a unique option for baby showers and the upcoming holidays. Parents have the opportunity to complete a design questionnaire for personalized options. All bundles include new and “like new” clothing -- stain, hole and odor-free. Subscriptions and gift cards can be ordered at www.rompandtumble.com.
Prior to founding Romp + Tumble, Tara was a finance leader and held positions at a number of Fortune 500 companies including WestRock Company, BlackRock and Ford Motor Company. Tara has her B.A. from the Bryn Mawr College and her M.B.A from the Kellogg School of Management. She has a dual career household and is currently “virtually” schooling her two boys.
About Romp + Tumble
Babies grow fast. Romp + Tumble curates and rents high quality, eco-friendly bundles of clothes for every growth spurt (newborns - 3T). Each bundle includes 22 items of new and like-new clothing, primarily sourced from independent women-led brands. Romp + Tumble is on a mission to help working parents create more time in space in their lives to focus on their ambitions.
Media inquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org